The U.S., Maryland, and Baltimore City Leagues have positions on many issues of current importance.
- Fair Elections: Support the passage of a bill to provide funds for the Fair Election Fund.
- Pretrial Justice: Sponsor a community forum on programs, experiments, and policy options. Partner with others, including the ACLU, Maryland Alliance for Justice Criminal Justice Reform, and the U. of Baltimore Pretrial Justice Clinic.
- Criminal Justice: Partner with the ACLU, OUt for Justice, Leaders of a Beautiful Struggle, and other Baltimore organizations on problems in the criminal justice system, including systemic racial and gender bias.
- Transportation: Support LWV-MD, Baltimore City, and regional alliances, coalitions, and partners in advocating for provi9ding equitable and adequate public transportation systems.
- Climate and Environment: Join other nonpartisan coalitions in advocating for addressing climate change, promoting clean energy, and protecting the environment.
- Health: Work with other groups/coalitions to address issues relating to access to health care for all Maryland residents.Action - Based on national, state, and local positions, support health policies and regulations that promote the highest physical, emotional, social, and spiritual health for the residents of Baltimore City through cost-effective and efficient education, research, and service.
- Economy: Support efforts to revitalize Baltimore’s small businesses post-pandemic and to expand access to jobs and job training programs for unemployed and underemployed city residents.
- Consumer Protection: Join other nonpartisan coalitions in advocating for studies of the impact of Maryland allowing third-party companies to provide gas and electricity through BGE, especially as it affects low-income citizens.