Affordable housing and other housing issues:
- Continue support for the availability of adequate housing for low-income residents.
Action - Work with local government and community associations to maximize the availability of decent, safe, affordable housing for all residents. Support for:
- Effective housing codes and zoning codes that are adequately enforced.
- Rent subsidies for low-income families
- Local emphasis on the following National positions adopted in 1973.
- Fair housing laws and equal access to housing
- Publicly assisted housing to be included in viable, balanced communities with provisions that encourage integration and stability.
- Zoning practices and procedures that will counteract racial and economic isolation.
- Participation of resident groups in the development of publicly assisted housing programs.
Inclusionary Housing Coalition
The goal of the non-partisan IHC is to pass an effective, equitable Inclusionary Housing bill in Baltimore City that produces units, free from loopholes.