SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - MARCH 14, 2020
Due to the current and unprecedented social distancing guidelines put forth by the CDC and Governor Larry Hogan, we have canceled all of our previously scheduled candidate forums for the April 28 primary election. We did not take this action lightly, but it was done in the interest of public safety. Please go to Vote411.org to download our Voters Guide and to get further information on the candidates in this election. Stay safe and be kind.
The League of Women Voters of Baltimore City is a nonpartisan political organization which encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters is dedicated to providing well-researched and unbiased information so that all voters may become better informed. Browse this website to learn more about issues, events, to volunteer at events, and your elected representatives.
During Elections, the League of Women Voters assists people to become more informed participants in their community and their government by:
- producing Voters Guides;
- assisting at voter registration drives and providing information about voting;
- and hosting forums for candidates.
The LWV also
- researches issues such as transportation, housing, environmental concerns, campaign reform, etc. then produces Fact Sheets;
- conducts community forums on local, state, and national issues;
- distributes informational brochures and pamphlets
- and provides information about government on the national, state, and local levels.